PURPOSE OF POLICY
The purpose of this document is to provide a framework for Green and White Transport in dealing with privacy considerations.
- Green and White Transport is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
- In carrying out Green and White Transport’s website and activities, it collects personal and/or health information from staff, students and third parties. It is the responsibility ofGreen and White Transport to ensure that the overall management of that information, which includes collection, storage, access, use and disclosure, complies with Australian privacy laws.
- The purpose of this policy is to facilitate Green and White Transport’s compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (NSW) (“Act”) and other relevant privacy laws, including but not limited to regulations, statutory guidelines, codes of practice and privacy directions.
- Green and White Transport collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of its campaigns. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
- Green and White Transport recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies.
- Green and White Transport is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information:
• Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary purpose;
• Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
• Use and disclose personal information only for our primary purposes or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
• Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
• Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.